No, you haven’t been subpoenaed. (Unless, of course, you have). This image shows an email our client received today. I’ve created a quick checklist to see if an email is real or scam.
- DO NOT CLICK LINKS
- DO NOT ALLOW PICTURES TO DOWNLOAD
- ARE YOU EXPECTING THIS EMAIL?
- Google for: “scam the federal court of australia”
- The from email address – email@example.com – I doubt the Federal Court would send from this address.
- The two links in red, hover your mouse over the link without clicking and you can see where the link will go. Here I have added it in green so you can see. Nothing to do with Federal Court.
- Form 36 Subpoena – Nope.
- Where is the contact information for you to check? Phone numbers? emails? You wouldn’t actually use these but you would call the actual Fed Court and ask to speak to the person and check the phone number given in the email. The person probably doesn’t exist anyway.
- Email to our support line and we will check for you.